Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – Fluffy, soft banana muffins studded with bites of chocolate chips. Made with all-purpose or combo of whole wheat flour. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
*Updated 1/17/2017 with new photos and a recipe video. Enjoy!
Most of my days are crazy. As I type this up my 9 year reads the bible to me. My 5 year is throwing a fit because he can’t see the pictures in the bible. My 11 year is asking me to download a new game on the Kindle.
I sit beside a pile of coupons that have been on my to-do list all week. I have yet to menu plan for this week and it’s Thursday night. But somehow we ate delicious meals all week.
My life can be complete chaos. Yet I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I love my family. I love my life.
So because I love my life so very much I decided to share these delightful banana chocolate chip muffins with you.
These are da bomb. Does anyone even say that anymore? Well, I just did.
In case you didn’t already know, da bomb in Melanie’s language means AWESOME. That they are.
They really are.
They just seem to melt in my mouth. And I love them just out of the oven when the mini chocolate chips sing in my mouth.
I would like to think that I can get away with eating these for breakfast too. After all they do have banana in them.
I’ve also made these with half all-purpose, half whole wheat and that makes them that much healthier. They’re delicious either way.
Here’s to a chaotic and messy but wonderful life!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease muffin pans or line with cupcake liners.
- Mix together butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in mashed banana and sour cream until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- Stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, greased or paper liners. Fill almost to the top. This will make for nice rounded tops. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for about 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.