Rosemary No Knead Skillet Bread – Delicious and easy, this loaf bakes up quickly. Fresh, simple – olive oil, rosemary and seasoning for the perfect rise yeast bread in a skillet.
Look at this tasty bread! My herb garden is going strong. Stronger than I expected. I’ve got lots of delicious rosemary, basil, lemon sage and more. And honestly I need to know what to do with it all. I know I can dry it at the end of the year but I really want to find more ways to incorporate these fragrant beautiful herbs into all our dishes.
So rosemary bread is a perfect way to do that. This stuff is loaded with flavor. It bakes up beautifully in my skillet and is the perfect side or start to any meal.
You can eat this with something as simple as hot dogs or spaghetti or something as elegant as filet mignon or lobster tail. I promise you there won’t be complaints!
Make the dough and let it rise in a bowl. Transfer it to a greased skillet and let it rise again. Mark it with and x and drizzle on some olive oil.
And then bake it right up in that skillet. It turns out perfectly and has this great flavor from the rosemary and Italian seasoning. The bottom is slightly crisp from the oiled skillet.
Oh how I love summer and all of it’s fantastic ways of making me happier.
If you’ve ever been nervous about trying homemade bread before this is the one to try.
- It’s forgiving.
- It doesn’t need to be a perfect shape.
- There’s no kneading involved.
- And if you mess it up you can blame it on the skillet. See? A total winner!
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Delicious Rosemary Recipes from Friends:
- 1 package active dry yeast (2¼ teaspoons yeast)
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for brushing
- coarse sea salt, (to taste) for topping
- 2 springs of fresh rosemary, chopped, for topping
- In a large bowl combine yeast and water. Add one cup of flour, salt, rosemary and Italian seasoning. Stir with a wooden spoon. Continue to add flour one cup at a time stirring as you add. Stir until there are no dry flour spots.
- Cover with a loose lid or plastic wrap. Let rest for 1 hour.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a large (10" or 12") oven proof skillet. Do not punch dough down. Generously sprinkle flour over the dough. Coat hands with flour. Using floured hands shape dough into a round disc. Place it in the oiled skillet. Cover with a towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After the 30 minutes rise, brush olive oil over bread. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and top with fresh rosemary.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. If using a thermometer, internal bread temperature will be about 200 degrees.
- After 10 minutes you can transfer to a rack to cool.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.
Recipe adapted slightly from Baker Bettie
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.