Apple Rum Dum Cake – Delicious Bundt apple cake topped with a caramel rum glaze. Chunks of apple bake up perfectly in this sweet cake. A fall favorite in our house!
My husband has liked this cake since the day I met him but I did not know that. Because of course, I would have made it for every birthday and holiday. But several years into our marriage, he told me about this cake. I had never heard of an apple rum cake. But of course there’s good ole Google to the rescue.
Several options popped and we tried to choose one that seemed closely related to what he remembered. And he feel in love with it all over again.
I’ve tweaked the recipes that we’ve tried over the past few years and I’ve settled on this one. It’s a tried and true recipe for our family and I thought I’d share it with you. It’s perfect for autumn or anytime of the year that you’re craving apple goodness.
This is fall comfort right here in the form of a good cake! When will you be baking? If it’s soon, I hope you’ll give this apple cake a try!
Thanks for being here friends!
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Apple Rum Dum Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 5 cups peeled apples chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon rum
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a Bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together, sugar and butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in eggs one at a time. Mix thoroughly to combine. Add flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in chopped apples. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake cake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45-55 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and half and half in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. Pour over apple cake. Best served immediately.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.