Chocolate Covered Strawberry Whoopie Pies – Chocolate cookies stuffed with fresh strawberry filling, and a chocolate ganache. Like chocolate covered strawberries and a cookie all in one! Perfect to share with your love on Valentine’s or any day of the year!
Like our Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes, this dessert is full of love and goodness as a perfect treat to share with your love or loves on Valentine’s day.
Chocolate covered strawberry whoopie pies recipe came are SO FUN and so delicious!
A while back I made these blueberry whoopie pies with blueberry filling and I knew then and there that these chocolate covered strawberry whoopie pies would have to have their time in the spotlight too!
PERFECT WAYS TO SHARE THESE:
- Valentine’s Day Parties
- Bridal Shower
- With a friend who loves Chocolate
- Chocolate Fest
- Spring Fling
The best part of the recipe is the buttercream made with REAL FRESH strawberry jam. Use whatever jam you have. I used the stuff in my freezer that I made last season from fresh strawberries. Oh my yum!
I also love the added layer of fresh strawberries here.
Do I have any chocolate covered strawberry fans? I personally think they are fabulous! And this is like enjoying chocolate covered strawberries in a whole new art form? Cue the music and the whoopie. We’ve got chocolate covered strawberry whoopie pies for you.
They’re decadent and delicious. Perfect for sharing with those you love.
OTHER VERSIONS OF WHOOPIE PIES:
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Classic Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Peppermint Whipped Filling
- S’mores Whoopie Pies
Tools Used in the making of this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Whoopie Pies Recipe:
Sheet Pan: Have a couple on hand so you can get your cookies and baking done more quickly.
Cookie Scoop Set: I use these cookie scoops all the time. They’re great for all the cookies we make there!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Whoopie Pies
Chocolate cookies stuffed with fresh strawberry filling, and a chocolate ganache. Made with real strawberries. Perfect to share with your love on Valentine's or any day of the year!
For Chocolate Whoopie Pie Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
For Strawberry Filling
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 strawberry jam
- 2 cups sliced strawberries optional
For Chocolate Glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons agave or corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whip butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk to the butter/sugar mixture just until combined.
- Scoop dough (about 2 Tablespoons each) onto cookies sheets. Be sure to space at least 2 inches apart to allow for spreading. (I used a medium cookie scoop and thought it was a perfect size.)
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until it springs back when touched.
- Place half of the cookies upside down. Top with a generous sized amount of strawberry whipped filling. Top with sliced strawberries. Place the second cookie on top. Smear top cookie with approximately 2 teaspoons chocolate glaze.
For Strawberry Filling:
Place softened butter in mixing bowl. Whip for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 Tablespoon strawberry jam, confectioners sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed for about 3 minutes. Stir in the rest of the strawberry jam.
For Chocolate Glaze:
In a microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate chips on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir well. Continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring after each time until fully melted. Stir in melted butter and agave or corn syrup. Spoon glaze over the top of each whoopie pie.
Adding fresh strawberries is optional.
If you use fresh strawberries in the whoopie pies they should be eaten within 2-3 hours or they will begin to get mushy.
If you won't be eating them within 2-3 hours, you can skip the strawberries or add them right before serving.
Chocolate whoopie pie recipe from Dulce Dough
Strawberry Filling: Gather for Bread Original
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.