Bacon Beer Cheddar Dip – Hot cheddar cheese dip made with beer is great for pretzels, bread cubes at your favorite party or gathering. Serve in your slow cooker or fondue pot for easy dipping.
Similiar to our Baked Fontina Dip, this cheesy dip is great for dipping and dunking. Makes a great party snack or appetizer for getting family or friends together to share good food.
Bacon beer cheddar dip recipe is so fun and delicious. It’s especially perfect with these soft pretzel bites. I’m sure you’ll agree once you give it a try!
Not long ago I made this garlic herb cheese dip and ever since I’ve been smitten with cheese dip recipes.
PERFECT TIMES TO SHARE THIS BACON BEER CHEDDAR DIP:
- Watching Football (or any sport!)
- Inviting friends over on a Friday night
- For Fondue night
- Hosting a game night
- Surprising the kids with an afternoon snack (see below)
Just 2 weeks ago I made this bacon beer cheese dip and soft pretzel bites for a nice after school snack. Now trust me this is not our typical afternoon snack. But it was received with such joy. They couldn’t wait to dive. Especially as I made them hold and pause for a photo or 2. 🙂
They enjoyed it so much that the next day my youngest came home and asked if there would be another after-school snack like the day before. Haha. No mama, doesn’t have time for this everyday sweetie. Today you can have graham crackers or pretzels. If only, I always had the time for these awesome fun treats.
I loved seeing how much they enjoyed it though. Makes a mama’s heart glad.
So, who will you be making your next snack for? Anyone special in your life that you want to share with?
The best part of this recipe is the sharing! So grab your cheese and get to dipping.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE CHEESE DIP WITH:
- Pretzel Bites
- Hard Pretzels
- Tortilla Chips
- Lightly steamed veggies
- Steamed baby potatoes
- Cubed cooked meat
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
OTHER DELICIOUS DIPS:
Tools Used in the making of this Bacon Beer Cheddar Dip Recipe:
Small Cast Iron Skillet: I have several different cast iron pieces and really enjoy using them. Dips are one of the newer things I’ve used my skillet for.
Whisk: You’ll need a good whisk or this recipe and many others. Don’t know how I’d manage without mine!
Bacon Beer Cheddar Dip
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces lager beer
- 6 ounces milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat melt butter. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk in flour and continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens. Whisk in milk and beer. Increase heat and continue to whisk over medium heat until thickened.
- Turn heat down to medium-low add cream cheese. Break down with whisk and continue to cook and stir until mixture becomes smooth. Add cheddar cheese a handful at a time stirring after each addition.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with cooked crumbled bacon. Serve with pretzel bites, crostini or veggies.
Adapted slightly from Williams Sonoma Kitchen
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.