Friday Fabulous Things Week 18
Happy Friday. Fridays I’m celebrating the good in my life and the fabulous things that I come across in my little part of the world.
It’s Mother’s Day weekend. To all moms. The birth moms, the foster moms, the moms-to-be, the moms who have lost a child, the women who deeply desire a baby:
I commend all of you. This is no easy task. The mothering thing. Long days. Sweet moments. Hard decisions. Lifelong commitment.
May you find yourself loving whatever place you are in at the present moment. May joy overwhelm your heart with whatever stage you find yourself in. 💗
- Last weekend the neighbor gals came over and we celebrated Cinco de Mayo. Always a pleasure when we are together. We sipped fun drinks and enjoyed fajitas, guacamole, salsa and Mexican corn. For the past year or so I’ve come to adore Mexican food and can’t seem to get enough. So glad we did this repeat girls night because we all seem to enjoy Mexican and we love some girl time to just kick back and relax.
- Adore my neighborhood girls!
- Rainy Saturdays. OK. I’m not very thankful for them at all. But despite the rain last weekend we got a lot done in the yard and garden. We worked together as a family. #teamwork And we got the bulk of it done. And it feels great that hard work pays off. Now we get to gaze out at freshly mulched flower beds, a weed free yard (well, almost) and a freshly tilled, ready to plant a garden.
- Thankful for a family that works together.
- I’m not a big ‘ribs’ fan but my 14 year old especially requested them after having them at our in-laws several months ago. He really enjoyed them and asked if we could please make them at home. So on Sunday, I put ribs in the big roaster for Sunday lunch. They were some pretty big ribs! And unfortunately, we had to end up eating them for dinner instead because they took so long to get tender. But my ‘men’ say they were worth the wait. The rub I put on them gave amazing flavor. Can’t wait to try it again.
- Thankful that I’m occasionally willing to get out of the box and try new things in the kitchen.
- I’m celebrating success, my friends. That’s what we do, right?! My avocado feta dip video has over 1,000,000 reach on FAcebook. It’s the best a video has done for me yet. So even though it’s teensy compared to others, it’s a success for me.
- Thankful for life’s little success stories.
- I may have a found a new favorite chocolate. The verdict is still out but it’s creamy and delicious! My friend bought it for me for my birthday back in February and I held onto it until recently. Geez. This stuff is amazing. I love the bite-sized portions pieces. So I can just have 1 or 2 a day. While the price is too high on Amazon right now. I certainly will have my eyes looking for it at the local grocery store soon.
- Thankful for chocolate. It helps keep me sane. 😉
- It was chilly here again this week. So sad. However, we have a NEW favorite show. We can’t get enough. It’s my favorite way to unwind from a long day. Sitting side by side with my man and just chilling with Poldark. Have you seen it yet? Highly recommend! We’re on season 2.
- Thankful for couch time with my man.
- Happy hour is here and there’s only a few days left. I like to treat the kids to Frappuccinos during happy hour sale. Otherwise, taking the gang out gets a little too pricey. We stopped by on Wednesday to get our half price Frapps. By the way, the Mint Mocha, is WAY good. If you like a subtle mint taste, you’ll probably enjoy it.
- #welikehappyhour Thanks Starbucks.
- CENTS of STYLE is having a great deal on sandals today. So if you’re looking for a new pair head over and check out the selection currently priced at $14.95. Free ship. Sounds like a great deal to me! I have yet to buy shoes from them yet. Maybe I will today. But I have been very impressed with their quality of clothes and I love everything I’ve purchased so far.
I think you’ll want to check out what’s new this week.
- NEW Raspberry Vanilla Protein Smoothie
2. NEW Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
3. NEW Video for Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread
Last minute inspiration for Mother’s Day:
Have a great weekend! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Join the newsletter
Download your FREE copy of How Much to Serve when you sign up to be part of our email community. You'll receive free printables, recipes and tips for gathering.