Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – Recipe for the best butternut squash soup winter. So easy and creamy. Perfect for autumn lunch or a side dish for dinner.
What absolute beautiful weather we had this weekend. It involved a fall Gathering here at my house. We served up this creamy butternut squash soup along with other goodness like this Harvest Apple Feta Salad, Sparkling Apple Cider, a Tuscan apple cake and more.
It was a splendid evening with the perfect weather and the best girls a neighbor can have.
Be sure to check back soon when I tell more about it.
The women loved the soup. It had great taste but one of the best parts is that it’s so easy. Not much fuss but great flavor.
Roasting the squash gives the soup added awesomeness (or so this girl says.) 😘
And this soup only has 5 ingredients if you don’t count the salt and pepper. Easy peasy.
For that pretty garnish just add a swirl of cream and some pumpkin seeds and you have yourself the most gorgeous soup for autumn and winter.
So who’s all decked out for autumn stocked with their boots, pumpkin lattes, and autumn recipes? This girl certainly is. Enjoy your day and thanks for being here to gaze on this delicious savory soup.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 2 to 3 pound butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half. Scoop out seeds and discard. Sprinkle with olive oil. Lay face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven. Let cool.
- Scoop out pulp. Discard skin. Chop into pieces.
- Using a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add roasted squash and chicken broth.
- Pour into a blender and blend until smooth or use an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted slightly from Food Network
Other fabulous Butternut Squash Recipes from Blogger Friends:
Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Feta – Peas and Crayons
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta – Carlsbad Cravings
Butternut Squash Hummus – A Cookie Named Desire
You may also enjoy:
FREE Print for YOU
FREE 8 x 10 Print
"Thankful Grateful Blessed"
when you Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
You'll enjoy all the recipes and free printables that we share with our readers.