Coconut Almond Joy Energy Bites – Chocolate, almond and coconut combine with oats, coconut oil, chia seeds and more for a sweet no bake snack that’s good anytime.
Today’s post is brought to you by chocolate and coconut. These tasty bites are a great healthy snack option. Although this recipe is posting for the first time it’s been in my drafts section for a LONG time. And somehow i never got around to sharing it all with you.
I’m a huge fan of coconut and chocolate together. It’s one of my other favorite combos besides banana and chocolate.
Things you’ll love about these:
- No bake. Yay! Snack time is here much sooner.
- Super easy, just mix the ingredients, together. Shape them and refrigerate them.
- Whole healthy ingredients like oats, almonds, unsweetened coconut and chia seeds
These are sweetened a bit with just some honey so I love that they are a less indulgent, less sugar option on those days where I still want some chocolate in my life. Well, that’s just about every day. Chocolate has a huge place in my diet. But this one leaves me without the guilt and that makes us instant friends.
Hope you get a chance to try them!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 1 cup oats (old fashioned or quick)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- ½ cup chocolate chips (mini or regular)
- ¼ cup sweetened (or unsweetened) coconut
- Combine first 7 ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times to mix ingredients. Pour water through spout and pulse until mixture is easy to pinch and hold together. Mix in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in sweetened coconut. Stored best in refrigerator.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we receive a small portion to help support this blog. Thanks!