Easy baked french toast casserole. Simple breakfast casserole comes together in less than 20 minutes. Pop it in the refrigerator and pull out to bake the next morning.
French toast has always been my favorite breakfast that needs a little prep work. Smoothies are great. Cereal is super kid friendly. Eggs are simple. But when I’m ready to spend just a few extra minutes in the kitchen I go for the french toast. Or waffles. I adore homemade waffles!
I love the flavor of the cinnamon. And it involves bread, why wouldn’t I be in love? I love the way the top bakes all crispy with golden flakes of sugar. Mmm…. it’s just a marvelous way to start the day. Not to mention that the smell is super amazing!
I may or may not have been able to eat this whole pan by myself. Just sayin’!
I would throw on some pecans like a lot of varieties do by my hubby has a hard time eating different types of nuts. He’s not completely allergic but they really make his throat all itchy and then he’s miserable. I don’t like to start off our day on the wrong foot so I try to make him happy. I’ve found others ways to do that besides food too. Wouldn’t you know!
I know there are thousands of french toast recipes out there but the Melanie’s little kitchen won’t be complete until she shares her recipe. So here it is friends.
I think you’ll love:
- The simplicity
- The flavor
- The easy make ahead factor
Please do me a favor and eat this with Pure Maple Syrup. I know it’s crazy expensive but it’s worth it! Rant over. Buy whatever you want and just make this soon. *wink*
We hope your family enjoys Easy Baked French Toast Casserole as much as ours! Don’t forget to leave your feedback. Let me know what you think!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- 1 loaf French or other crusty bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup half and half
- ½ cup sugar (See Notes)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter
- Cut bread into cubes or tear into small pieces. Place in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread in pan. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut butter into small pieces and place over flour mixture. With a fork blend butter into mixture until it resembles small crumbs. Sprinkle over bread in pan. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. To check, insert a knife in the center, if it comes out clean it's baked through.
Feel free to cut back on the sugar. I have made it successfully by cutting the sugar in half and no one seems to notice. Make to your preference.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and/or recommend.
You may also like:
This post contains affiliate links. I get a small portion back to keep this blog running. Thanks friends for your support!
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.