Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Bars – Amazing snack bars made lighter with Greek yogurt. Fabulous recipe whips up in just a few minutes. Perfect for ripened bananas!
I know you’re probably sick of my banana chocolate obsession. But I’m not! I never will be. So if you don’t fancy my combo of bananas and chocolate I’ll let you leave as long as you promise to come back tomorrow, deal? But before you go…check out this delicious recipe from last year instead! Amazing, right? I knew I could get you to stick around.*wink*
If you’re still here I know you share my banana, chocolate love. Thanks for being here friend!
These bars substitute some butter for Greek yogurt and they leave you with a delicious snack bar studded with chocolate chips. They hit the spot with a cup of coffee, on a dessert bar or as a perfect after school treat.
No one in our house misses the butter or extra fat in our sweets. And I sure love when my skinny jeans are feeling fine. How about you? After Christmas there was a period of less sweets but I surely get those insane cravings and that’s where these and my healthy chocolate chip banana bread come in handy.
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square pan. In a mixing bowl beat butter until creamy about 1 minute. Stir in Greek yogurt sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until combined. Add eggs, bananas and vanilla. Stir well. Mix in flour. Mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread in greased pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into about 24 bars.
You may also like these Chocolate and Banana Favorites
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.