Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies – My simple favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that I make over and over. Homemade, chewy, soft and delicious.
One of the things that I most often get in the mood to bake is chocolate chip cookies. Only a few weeks go by before I’m just itching to make homemade cookies.
They’re just irresistibly good in my opinion. However, it has been such a long time since I’ve shared any sort of chocolate chip cookie here on the blog.
A few I’ve shared in the past are Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Triple Chocolate Chewy Cookies. But it’s been almost a year and a half now since I’ve shared any. My mind surely has gone off the deep end.
This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. It is based off of the Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe I shared almost 2 years ago. They’re pretty dang similar.
Reasons to love my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- They’re soft and chewy.
- Easy to whip up in a few minutes.
- Easy to freeze the dough for baking later.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
To make this recipe well:
Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter 1 1/2 sticks
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl combine flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Whisk gently. Set aside.
Melt butter slightly in the microwave. It should be runny but not completely liquefied. In a mixing bowl fitted with flat paddle cream butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed for until well mixed. Stir in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat for 1-2 minutes until thoroughly combined. Mix in chocolate chunks.
- You may also chill dough at this point. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Place on non-stick baking sheet or parchment lined cookie sheet pan.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are set and very lightly brown. Centers will be glossy and look slightly under-baked. Let them cool on pan for about 5 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool completely.
Will keep fresh for up to 1 week in covered container.
This dough tastes great baked immediately or tastes even better chilled for at least 2 hours prior to baking.
You may also enjoy:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.