Peanut Butter Tandy Cake – Delicious sponge cake topped with a layer of peanut butter and chocolate ganache. Just like the tasty cakes you enjoy, make them at home.
Another delicious dessert brought to you by Brooklynne. That would be my 12 year old. Several weeks ago she shared a delicious cupcake recipe with us and this time she’s back with something chocolate and peanut butter. Which always ends up being a winner, right?
How many of you are familiar with the famous chocolate peanut butter cake twin packs? Born and raised in Philadelphia, I can say that these have been a part of my childhood for a long time. I have eaten way too many in my day.
But since focusing on healthier homemade baked goods for my family the past 10 years, I’ve given up packaged cakes. And these were one of the sweets I missed.
Of course I missed them. We’re talking a delicious sponge cake with a layer of peanut butter wrapped in a chocolate ganache. What’s not to love and miss? Right?
Are you a chocolate and peanut butter fan? I can surely hook you up with some other fabulous recipes here on the blog and beyond. How about this delicious smoothie with the chocolate and pb combo? Or what about some fine and dandy cupcakes. These are so amazing with that swirl!
Be sure to check out a great variety of chocolate and peanut butter combo recipes over on special Pinterest board dedicated just for that.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Peanut Butter Tandy Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or may substitue canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk I used 2%
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Grease a (15 x 10 x 1 inch) jelly roll pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, oil and butter. Mix just until combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla extract, milk, flour and baking powder. Mix until fully combined. Pour into jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Spread peanut butter over hot cake. Cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in microwave safe bowl.
- Spread melted chocolate over cooled cake. Cut into bars before chocolate is completely set.
Adapted slightly from a local Lancaster county cookbook.
P.S. Here’s some great tips from BHG for helping to melt that chocolate!.
You may also enjoy:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.