Roasted Vegetable Pizza – Healthy caramelized roasted veggies on a bed of cheese and sauce. Perfectly crisp crust pair with delicious vegetables makes the ultimate pizza topping.
This recipe was so fun to make. Just look at those amazing colors. God did a fabulous job went he created color. Life would be super boring without it. I just found out about this awesome little hashtag called #abmlifeiscolorful from A Beautiful Mess and I’m totally going to abuse that hashtag. Just kidding. But how fun is that?!
Roasted vegetables are one of the top 10 recipes on the blog. Have you seen them? Have you made them before? An oldie but a goodie from 2013. You gotta check them out! So that inspired me for pizza. Which most likely is my favorite food of all time.
The carmelization (I think I just made up a word. Spell check is freaking out!) of the veggies on the sea of sauce and cheese is just overwhelmingly tasty. I repeat….TASTY.
Are you in? Have I convinced you yet that veggies can be a good thing? And that we should all be partaking. I hope so. This Roasted Vegetable Pizza is too good to pass by.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
Roasted Vegetable Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- 2 teaspoons active or instant yeast
- 1¼ cups lukewarm water
- 3¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
For Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced peppers red,yellow,green
- 1/2 cup sliced or diced red onions
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
To Finish Pizza
- 8 oz Romano cheese freshly shredded
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese freshly shredded
- If using active dry yeast; dissolve in lukewarm water with a teaspoon of sugar. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes until frothy. If you're using instant yeast, you can skip this step.
- Combine the dissolved yeast (or the instant yeast) with the flour, olive oil and salt. Mix and knead until everything comes together (by hand, mixer or bread machine set on the dough cycle). Mix until you have a soft, smooth dough.
- Using a stand mixer, it should take about 5-6 minutes at medium speed. Dough should clear the sides of the bowl but stick to the bottom a bit.
- Grease a large bowl with a few drops of olive oil. Place dough in bowl. Flip once to coat both sides with oil, cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let it rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place veggies and garlic cloves on a baking sheet or 9 x 13 pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir after 15 minutes. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are nicely caramelized.
For Finishing Pizza:
- Leave oven heated. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Use parchment or pizza paddle sprinkled with cornmeal. Separate dough into 2 equal pieces. Shape each dough into desired shape. Place dough on parchment or pizza paddle.
- Sprinkle half of Romano cheese evenly over pizza. Top with mozzarella cheese and roasted vegetables.
- Slide pizza onto preheated stone and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheeses are melted and crust is crisp and lightly browned.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.