I enjoy so many things relating to food. I guess you’re not surprised. I do have a food blog after all.
There is one meal I don’t want to live without. And it’s lunch. I know. Maybe I’m a bit weird for you people that love sausage, bacon and eggs. Or the other people who love a mean steak with a side of potatoes.
There’s just something I love about sandwiches. I mean think of the variety: paninis, chicken salad, grilled cheese, subs or hoagies. (Yo, yo, Philly peeps!) There’s a million and one varieties of salads. And like I said last week I am now a soup lover too.
So with all that variety, I just find a hard time getting bored with it. Paninis are so simple and so versatile. I come up with a new favorite every moth. But for now this is it. Tomatoes are finally in and I’m living it up!
Tomato, Mozzarella and Parmesan Panini
- 2 slices crusty bread
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 oz mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Roma tomato thinly sliced
- Heat panini griddle over medium heat. Brush olive oil on both sides of bread. Sprinkle one side of both pieces of bread with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Layer mozzarella cheese, tomatoes slices and top with Parmesan. Arrange second slice of bread on top.
- Grill until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.